Image size: 56 x 38cm. Mount size: 69 x 59cm.
Princes Dock circa 1900 busy with shipping engaged in Hull's important Near Continent and Baltic Trades. Opened in 1829, Princes Dock linked the Queens (1778) and Humber (1809) docks to complete a circuit of the River Hull to the River Humber. Princes Dock was closed in shipping in 1968.The statue in the background is the Wilberforce Monument, a statue of William Wilberforce, the former Hull MP and anti-slavery campaignerWilliam Wilberforce. The monument was built in 1834 and is 102 feet high. It was originally located between Beverley Gate and the Ferens Art Gallery, near the Dock Offices (the building directly behind it in the painting). The Wilberforce Monument was moved to its present location at the very end of Queens Gardens (formerly Queen’s Dock) in 1935 because it was seen as a traffic hazard.
The print is signed by Adrian Thompson. The picture is supplied cellophane wrapped, presented in a generously sized mount.
Delivery to mainland UK is FREE.
All dimensions are approximate.